About Open role:
The Recruiting Consultant will develop their own network of candidates & clients and take ownership of the entire recruiting process. This is a great opportunity to gain sales and consulting experience through hands-on training in an international, professional and team-oriented office. You will work closely with the Managing Director (American with 14 years recruiting experience in Tokyo) on our most successful and established recruiting desk.
Career Scout Japan K.K. (CSJ) is a highly specialized recruiting firm servicing small to medium size foreign capital companies across a wide range of industries in Kanto (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba). Our focus is on the Accounting & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics and HR sectors. We aim to set the highest standard of customer service in our industry by providing an efficient, effective and enjoyable recruiting experience to our candidates and clients. We do so by embracing the following core values: Quality, Accountability and Teamwork.
What you can expect at CSJ:
- a "being helpful" approach to recruiting that respects our clients and candidates
- Multiple telephone calls per day with high emphasis on customer service and respect to Japanese business practices
- Working closely with other team members to learn the best practices, encouraged to learn / teach others
- All team members working together to set a higher standard of customer service in the recruiting industry
- A teamwork based environment where information is shared and we all contribute to each other
- A proven, comprehensive one-to-one training program with clear career path
- Guaranteed base salary plus high bonus potential (max salary dependent upon performance & commission) on a permanent contract
What not to expect:
- Like an eikaiwa job where you receive the same pay regardless of output. We expect excellent results from our consultants and constant focus on improvement, we'll reward you handsomely.
- A job where work / life balance supersedes meeting commitments to candidates and clients. We want our consultants to take satisfaction in working hard and providing first-class customer service. Your satisfaction should come from a job well done, not from leaving the office early.
- A job where you spend all day looking at Linked In or other social media. Relationships are built through face to face or phone communication, not through tweets and hashtags.
- A locker room / boiler room or unprofessional environment. We expect our consultants to treat one another with respect and dress for success. Think "Goldman Sachs" rather than "Wolf of Wall Street."
- A 9 to 5 commitment. We expect our consultants to continue their development / growth outside of the office to be a better recruiter and better member of Japanese society. Will will support excellent consultants' development endeavors as well.
- Develop and maintain individual client base through proactive business development endeavors (primarily phone based job while learning the business)
- Source, meet and evaluate candidates (think "hunter" instead of "farmer")
- Research and develop close understanding of foreign capital company market
- Promote and market career opportunities to candidates
- Follow-up with candidate introductions to client companies and help facilitate the interview / hiring process
- Maintain integrity of database and company information
- Friendly, professional and inquisitive approach to communication
- Positive attitude with strong focus on efficiency and attention to detail
- Customer service oriented mindset is a MUST
- Strong understanding of Japanese (especially reading) is a plus, but not mandatory
- Strong interest in business, preferably with Business / Economics / Accounting educational background
Examples of Successful Consultants:
- Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (JET) participant with experience in the Japanese country side (strong understanding of Japanese, Japanese culture, eager to gain business experience)
- Recent college graduate with strong sports background (disciplined, competitive, strong worth ethic)
- English language school teacher with an educational background in HR / Business and interest in Japanese culture (enjoys the social aspect of meeting, engaging with and helping all sorts of new and interesting people)
- Sales / Customer service oriented Japanese company salary man / woman eager to work in international environment (hard working, relationship focused)
** Any of the above sound like you? Feel free to apply! All qualified candidates will receive a reply within 48 hours from the CSJ Managing Director.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.