JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ADMISSIONS & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Reports to Head of School
I. THE ROLE
The Admissions, Marketing and Communications Officer role will provide strategic planning and leadership in each of the areas named in the job title.
Admissions – to oversee pupil recruitment and develop and implement recruitment strategies to ensure that the school’s recruitment targets are met; to be responsible for all aspects of the school’s admissions process with a view to maximising the number of enquiries, visits, registrations and joiners, whilst ensuring that retention levels remain strong
Communications – to oversee and maintain continuous dialogue and feedback with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that the school communicates in a consistent, professional and prompt fashion. Oversight of key literature, the school’s website, parent portal such as SeeSaw, and social media.
Events – management of / guidance on all pupil recruitment and public relations events.
Alumni – to oversee the maintenance and development of the school’s alumni database.
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the process for all admissions enquiries and requests for prospectuses.
• Develop best practice admissions management processes and accompanying follow up and relationship management practices for the school to ensure that all families are nurtured from enquiry through to registration and assessment
• Ensure that the assessment process is a well-managed, personal and positive experience for pupils and parents alike, taking every opportunity to positively influence decision making throughout the assessment and offer process
• Manage the communication of offers for local and International pupils
• Project manage arrangements for visits by prospective parents, pupils and agents.
• Manage recruitment events, including School Introductory evenings.
• Continuously review school events, offering suggestions for new ones and improvements to existing ones
• Implement and manage a system of regular forecasting of admissions figures
• Maintain the database, ensuring that all information on the enquiry form and in subsequent interactions by phone, email or in person is captured and recorded to facilitate proactive admissions management
• Track, manage, analyse and report on all elements of the admissions process including enquiries, visits, registrations, assessments, new joiners and premature leavers.
• Be the face and voice of YIS, providing a welcoming, warm, professional and efficient point of contact between prospective families / agents and the school
• Oversee communications with prospective parents by telephone, email and letter and at school events
• Ensure the YIS’s brand remains consistent with the values, personality and objectives of the School and that brand guidelines are implemented consistency across all marketing activity.
• Provide content, style management and design oversight of the school website ensuring that it is pertinent to target audiences
• Ensure the website is kept up to date and is living, breathing, dynamic reflection of YIS, regularly updated with a steady stream of news and content
• Oversee the school’s social media activity, advising on the appropriate channels, messages and activity.
• Develop an annual event programme aimed at prospective parents.
• Project manage one off special events such as anniversary celebrations
• Build strong relationships with the relevant colleagues and PTA members to ensure the events are a success
III. PERSON SPECIFICATION
The qualities and key skills required
The vision, energy, ability and drive to inspire and motivate others and to ensure that strategy is brought to life and implemented effectively.
Outstanding people skills. Demonstrable ability to listen, build rapport and communicate persuasively with people of different backgrounds.
Excellent BILINGUAL skills in oral and written communication. Articulate with the ability to write and speak messages that are clear, accurate, convincing and inspiring. An appreciation of how to use different media to best effect with different audiences. Ability to speak confidently in public at individual or group level.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.