Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as Language Teachers (ALTs) in schools across the Kanto area. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching the English language to Japanese high school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
The current available opening is for two English teachers who would be employed directly by a combined junior and senior high school in Kanagawa prefecture. This position requires teaching experience in addition to conversational Japanese language ability.
The position involves:
- Making lesson plans
- Attending school and department meetings
- Student evaluation and grade giving.
- Attending school events ranging from culture festivals to open campus student recruitment days
- Assisting with club activities (English Speaking Society)
- Helping to provide the students with an opportunity to expand their knowledge of other countries and think on a global scale.
The current available position is as follows:
- Positions: 2 Full-time ENGLISH TEACHERS at a JHS/SHS in Kanagawa prefecture
- Working term: From April 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2021 (Yearly contract renewal possible)
- In order to prepare for a smooth start to the contract period the school would like to make sure that the 2 new teachers have been confirmed as early as possible.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:10 to 17:30 and Saturdays 8:00 to 12:30
- Breaks: In accordance with statutory allowances
Financial Compensation will be paid on a monthly basis as a salary of 220,000 Yen (as a minimum and could be more based on age and experience). A yearly bonus amount of 660,000 (3 months salary) will be paid separate to this. All transportation expenses between the teacher's place of residence and the school will be reimbursed. The position also includes Social Health Insurance and Employment Insurance coverage. If the contract is renewed for a second year the bonus amount will increase from 3 months salary to 4 months.
-Must be a fluent speaker of English.
-Must have completed a university Bachelor’s Degree and preferably in Education.
-Must be currently residing in Japan and have a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
-Must be able to work confidently within a Japanese work environment with tact, flexibility and
-Must have at least one year of English teaching experience at junior-high school or senior-high school in Japan.
-Preferably have a conversational level of Japanese or higher
(Please don't apply if you don't satisfy these requirements)
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.