Are you looking for adventure and excitement? Want to live and work in Japan? Interested in pursuing a career in English education? Then you're in luck! We're currently looking for highly motivated, outgoing, and personable individuals to begin work in April 2020.
Being an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) means getting to explore and see Japan in a completely different way. Our teachers work mainly in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. You're out in the real world, going to the schools and interacting with children like any other teacher would. To many students, you will be their only real connection to English in their daily lives, giving them a chance to actually use the language in a natural setting. It's not just a job, but a life-changing experience, and an adventure like none other!
During the work week, you'll have the opportunity to:
● Teach English in the classroom and beyond - share new perspectives and culture all day long!
● Build relationships with your students and fellow co-teachers, and get involved with your local community!
● Get to experience a side of Japanese culture that you normally wouldn't as a tourist!
● Participate in school festivals, attend musical recitals, play outside with the students during recess - the list goes on and on!
Being able to commit to the full academic year is essential - it takes time to foster relationships with fellow teachers and students, and we owe it to them to provide a stable and enjoyable learning environment.
Additionally, successful applicants should possess the following:
● Bachelor's degree (in any field)
● 12 years of education where the medium of instruction was English
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills
● Being in good health
● Be an excellent team player
Our yearly contracts are renewable on the basis that you are maintaining good relationships with both your schools and the office. We love to retain talent, so you can easily choose just how long you'd like to stay with us. There are even career growth opportunities for our veteran ALTs, such as becoming an area facilitator or joining our administrative team.
Additional benefits include:
● No teaching experience? No problem! We provide initial training, seasonal training, as well as on-the-job training, to ensure that you are ready and have all the tools necessary to succeed in the classroom.
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.)
● Support with obtaining & renewing a visa, setting up banking and locating housing.
● Round-the-clock support - We understand it's not easy moving to and living in a new country, so we provide all of the assistance needed to live and work comfortably.
● Work regular school hours (usually between 8 AM to 5 PM) and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods.
You can enjoy the work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to explore and enjoy Japan and its culture. And when it comes to the job, if you're willing to learn and are open to new experiences, we can and want to help you! The schools and students we work with want the best, and we'll make sure you are the best!
We have been working in the education industry for close to 20 years now, and we're proud to be one of the most respected and well-known organizations today. We value the work of our employees, and as we grow to be the best ALT recruiter in Japan, we will continually strive to provide the help and support they deserve.
Many past ALTs speak highly of their experience with us, and we're happy that we have a large number of former employees return or recommend friends and family to work with us. Along with that, we are currently expanding into the Tohoku & Kansai regions, and are looking for fresh and new talent. You may be just the person we're looking for!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we encourage you to apply, and take the first step into your next adventure today! Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let's find your possibility together!
*Already in Japan? You're also welcome to apply! Part-time positions are also available; please see the application form on our website.
**Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.