AIM Academy is currently looking for committed and motivated individuals to join our team! We are an all-English after-school academy located near Ishikawacho station (Motomachi Chukagai station) in Yokohama.
Applicants will be teaching Language Arts (Spelling, Reading Comprehension, Writing) using our original curriculum and textbooks, as well as essay writing skills including literary analysis to middle and high school students. Most students are bi-cultural International School students and returnees. All lessons are taught in a 1-to-3 or 1-to-1 setting and entirely in English.
- This is NOT an ESL teaching position.
- This part-time position is ideal for professionals and outstanding students with a passion for teaching and helping others reach their goals.
Classes are held Monday-Friday 15:30-20:00
Instructors usually come in to teach for around 2-4 hours a day but this may vary depending on the demand. Students come in on a set time/day every week so once the schedule for the trimester is decided, instructors can expect to work around a set schedule. Lessons vary between 1-2 hours each and you may have an hour or two between lessons where you are not teaching. We also have a number of students who come in for make-up lessons, so you can expect quite a lot of irregular lessons to be booked throughout the month.
(1000/hour during training session
2000/hour during first month of teaching)
Transportation will be compensated up to 1000 yen/day
- have strong interpersonal skills
- care about the student's learning and enjoyment throughout the lesson
- be able to develop a positive rapport with students through an energetic and supportive medium
- have an interest in personal growth
- be able to conduct structured yet exciting and high powered lessons
- be a team player and be ready to contribute to making the classroom a positive environment for both the students and teachers
- flexible to sudden changes and cancellations
- is a native speaker of English
- have a valid working VISA in Japan
- have prior teaching experience
Not necessary but preferred skills:
- knowledge or experience in International Schools and the IB program preferred
- English-Japanese Bilinguals preferred (English proficiency is a must)
- ability to teach mathematics in English
If interested, please send your CV with a cover letter, photo and 3 references, and fill out the assessment in the link below:
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.