Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu (OEK) – an independent English Conversation school founded in 1987 .We are located between Tokyo and Nagoya, near the ocean and about 30 minutes from downtown Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
We have a great reputation as a language center and our staff of 7 like to think we make a difference. We are now one of the biggest private ESL school in Shizuoka.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W. B. Yeats
- Working schedule is 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday.
- Approximately 25 contact lessons a week.
- A teacher who enjoys the diversity of teaching all ages and English levels.
- There is a combination of early starts and afternoon starts.
- Six weeks paid vacation per year.
- 12 month renewable contract
- Will sponsor a working visa
- Japanese is not essential
- furnished accommodation
We run English programs from mother and toddler and everything in-between through to adults. Within each program small classes are divided into language levels. Each teacher has their classes for the school year. We also have private lessons, teach at community centers and kindergartens.
Our students are our priority. We really want the best outcomes for them. Skills that we are looking for in our new teacher
• CHILDREN ability to follow our curriculum while creating lessons tailored to best help the diverse range of your students; phonics, sight-words, reading and writing are skills we stream into our children’s classes. We have a great programs, good materials, and continued support and job training.
• ADULT classes are from beginners to advanced, with some students having been with us for over 20 years. Being skilled in creating communication techniques that focus off the teacher and onto the students and their abilities and personalities is something we value.
• We’d like to work with a teacher who realizes we are also on our own learning curves and want to expand our own skills to become the best teachers we can. For example as a team of teachers we started teaching phonics 10 years ago before it started to trend in Japan. Our teachers insights are valued.
We are a well-resourced school. Our 2 unique schools are located near each other and are are traditional Japanese houses. Teaching is floor based with low tables and cushions. This allows flexible use of classroom space so need to be healthy and happy sitting and getting up and down off the floor. If you have health problems with knees or back issues this job is not for you.
For a job description please email a brief letter of introduction, CV/resume, contact details of any referees and a recent informal photo. Our photos are on our web page.
Applications from non-native speakers or incomplete responses from the above list will not be considered.
Please note only candidates who pass the initial screening process will be contacted. So to this we apologize that we are not able to respond to all applicants.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.