Job Title: Children’s English Teacher / Entertainer / Artist
Advertiser Type: Direct hire
Contract Types: (¥180,000 ~ 250,000 Monthly)
Training Period: 20 to 30 hours depending on experience at a reduced rate (¥1000/hour)
Skills: Candidates who are Singers, Performers, Entrepreneurs, and Artists are preferred.
Your Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Teaching English to children 1 - 8 years old.
- Leading fun music-oriented lessons (mostly singing and dancing).
- Making lesson plans (a yearly curriculum is provided).
- Building a curriculum with other teachers, working as a team.
Reasons to join:
- A fun and rewarding work environment
- Potential for professional opportunities that benefit both ILH and the employee outside of the main teaching role.
Some example of projects teachers started with ILH:
➢ Music classes (instruments and singing),
➢ Athletic classes (sports such as Volleyball and fitness),
➢ Art classes (after school program),
➢ Wine and Cheese Nights (for adults led by a teacher),
➢ Product Team managing ILH’s digital efforts
Please provide a detailed cover letter that explains how you can contribute to the company.
On top of training for our teaching our Product Team is dedicated to providing candidates with a structured professional development plan to individually identify new opportunities for the company and our employees that prepare both for the future.
A number of our employees are interested in learning Japanese. If that is something you’re interested in, ILH is prepared to develop a process that works for you to learn Japanese.
Our employees are excited to see Tokyo and Japan so along with our professional development, we have mentoring and team building events to see different parts of Tokyo and the surrounding prefectures.
As a service to our teachers, we help with information regarding apartments, cheap phone plans, internet, governmental processes, and more.
A small company that allows for a close relationship with all team members from the newest all the way to the CEO.
Working Hours: 8 am to 4 pm; Mon - Fri
- Fluent English speaker (not necessarily native)
- Bachelor's degree (at a minimum for the visa application).
- A resident of TOKYO or YOKOHAMA.
- One year minimum initial contract period.
- Possesses a visa that allows for work
- Transportation allowance is provided (up to ¥25,000/month)
- Health insurance assistance (up to ¥10,000 covered)
- Visa sponsorship available for those that qualify
- Various training programs, consultation, and career development
- Opportunities for promotion and growth within the company
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates must submit a RESUME listing relevant work experience with a COVER LETTER.
- Applications without headshots will not be considered
- Qualified candidates will undergo an interview in person at our Yokohama office as well as participate in a class observation.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.