Customer second. Your growth is our growth!
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a company that values instructors and offers them significant opportunities to develop beyond the classroom? Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction.
We are currently seeking 4-day part-time instructors to join our fastest-growing division. You will be delivering lessons both through our newly-launched online learning platform and in a face-to-face setting from our learning centers in Shinjuku, Ginza and Ikebukuro.
At Rosetta Stone Learning Center we believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our unique ‘Customer Second’ philosophy enables motivated and dedicated instructors to excel in the classroom, while also having the opportunity to develop their careers in the fields of teaching, curriculum development, operations management, training, HR, and IT.
We are also an industry leader in student-focused lessons using pioneering learning technology. Our culture of continuous innovation has enabled us to fully integrate technology into our learning environment, both for instructors and students, and helped us to develop a proprietary system that provides in-depth technology support in areas like scheduling, lesson delivery, and student review.
In 2017, in coordination with our parent company, Link and Motivation, which is ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan, we launched a new digital learning platform that allows instructors working in our Tokyo and Osaka locations to deliver lessons to students nationwide. With the rapid growth in this division, we will be expanding our teaching team. This year, we will also be increasing the number of schools from which we offer in-house one-on-one lessons across Japan.
Finally, as part of the Link and Motivation group of companies, we believe that motivation is key to the success of students. We are developing a teaching and support system that emphasizes this, and our instructors have the opportunity to play a leading role as “motivation engineers”. Apart from developing advanced teaching skills, you will also be gaining expertise that will be easily-transferable to any career path you decide to take in the future.
We are looking for instructors who have a passion for teaching, a genuine interest in driving our students to reach their goals, and a desire to work with a well-established and fast-growing company. Full training will be provided.
- Fixed schedule of 4 days per week. 1 or 2 weekend days plus 2 or 3 weekdays (32 lessons per week)
- Available shifts: 9:30-18:20, 10:20-19:10, 12:00-20:50, 12:50-21:40
- Fixed hourly salary equating to approximately 210,000 - 250,000 yen per month (monthly salary may vary depending on the number of days in the month and the specific days worked)
- 3,500 yen bonus for every successful trial lesson taught
- Transportation allowance
- Paid leave entitlement
- Orientation training (2.5 days) followed by ongoing training programme
- Two options for onboarding and orientation: the first week or second week of each month.
- Access to Management Training Programme
- Significant opportunities for career development and advancement
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience (or 1 year’s experience teaching online lessons)
- Experience teaching adults (experience with both very low level learners and very advanced business students a plus)
- A good understanding of Japanese learners
- An engaging and motivating classroom manner
- Flexible mindset and approach to the classroom
- A good knowledge of the English language with the ability to explain, model, or demonstrate key concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Punctual, organised and responsible. Must be willing to observe preparation and starting times, and to give reasonable notice for absence of any kind.
- Comfortable using computers and can type quickly
- Japanese ability a plus
Are you ready to join the team?
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
We will be accepting applications until March 3rd, but applications submitted before February 15th will be prioritised. Applicants who can start working as soon as possible will also be prioritised.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.