Interac Group has nearly 3,000 teachers in more than 2.1 million English classes in over 7,000 elementary, junior and senior high schools throughout Japan. That is a lot of ground to cover if one of them is absent or a special project requires some extra teaching power.
Each company in the Interac group employs one or two Relief Teachers - experienced and highly motivated assistant language teachers (ALTs) who are ready to step in a moment’s notice to to teach classes at any level and in any school in the area their company covers. This kind of work takes a special kind of teacher but it is a great opportunity for someone who wants to explore more of Japan and has a ‘see where this road takes me’ attitude.
There is a need for just such an ALT starting in April to cover the Chiba to Ibaraki area. Travel and accommodation expenses when on assignment are covered by the Interac branch for which they are working. Due to the varying nature of the assignments, it is expected that our Relief Teachers will be experienced instructors who can solve problems on their feet and deliver meaningful lessons in elementary, junior or senior high schools under tight deadlines. A driver’s license that allows them to drive in Japan is also required.
Similar to other Interac Group ALTs, Relief Teachers can expect to:
- Get your new job off on the right foot with an intensive (paid!) initial training and orientation session
- Work Mondays to Fridays with most weekends and holidays off
- Have scheduled teaching hours between 8 am and 5 pm
- Work occasional evenings or weekends for special school events
- Attend on-going skills development and training programs
- Become an important part of your school and local community
- Have the chance to take advantage of opportunities that will prepare you for potential advancement to positions like, head teacher, trainer, or even office staff
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!
INTERAC : Enrich Your Career.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.