We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Academic & General English instructor for our English Language Centre located in Shibuya, Tokyo. SI-UK instructors prepare students for the IELTS exam and the rigorous demands of university-level study in English. SI-UK also offers Academic, Business and General English conversation classes for young adults and working professionals.
• Teaching group and private English lessons including IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/PTE, English for Academic Purposes (EAP), Business English and English Conversation.
• Contributing to the English Language Centre marketing plan and exploring opportunities for business development in western Japan.
• Promoting sales of English language courses to new students in demo tests and trial lessons.
• Promoting further sales of English language courses to existing students.
• Keeping accurate records of all students including, attendance, test scores and further study plans.
• Maintaining a good knowledge of relevant tests and EFL pedagogy.
• Editing university application documents and advising students on this process.
• Assisting at SI-UK student fairs and other events outside the regular workplace.
• Additional duties related to the promotion of UK education.
• General office and admin duties where requested by management.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Candidates must hold at least a bachelor's degree and possess a native speaker level of English competence, preferably with experience working and/or studying in the UK.
• CELTA/Trinity CTESOL or equivalent
• Two years minimum experience in teaching adults.
• Ability to teach a range of students with varying English levels (from IELTS 4.5-8.0), from high school and university level students to working professionals.
• Able to work effectively within a team; you will also be reliable, flexible, responsible and organised.
• Committed to professional development and teaching at a high standard.
• Experience teaching IELTS/EAP/exam classes.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Ideally the candidate will have an MA TEFL/TESL/Applied Linguistics and/or DELTA.
• Sales experience and interest in marketing.
• 300,000 Japanese yen (JPY) per month.
• 15 days paid leave paid leave plus New Year's holiday.
• Reasonable commutation expenses are included as standard.
• Visa sponsorship for outstanding candidates.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.