We are currently accepting applications from native English speakers with teaching experience in Japanese schools for teaching positions in private junior and senior high schools in Tokyo, starting from April 2023.
The roles include:
- Teaching a range of English classes at assigned school(s).
- Teaching essay writing skills and grading essays and providing feedback to students.
- Team teaching with Japanese English teachers or other native English teachers. There is also the possibility of solo teaching.
- Creating innovative and engaging lesson plans.
- Creating and grading examinations and other assessments.
- Active involvement in wider school life through English clubs and speech contests, etc.
- Attending events to promote and support the assigned school(s) such as open campuses and school festivals. (These events may occasionally fall on weekends.)
- Keeping up-to-date with and submitting paperwork.
- Other work-related duties.
As well as meeting the following requirements:
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience teaching English at junior and senior high schools in Japan.
- Currently residing in the Tokyo area and in possession of a valid visa that allows you to work in Japan.
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Be creative and flexible.
- Be willing to try new ideas.
- Have an excellent knowledge of English spelling and grammar and strong proofreading skills.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Have a good understanding of the Japanese school system.
- Have a teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA etc.)
- Be reliable and punctual.
5 days/week Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend work for school events
Breakdown: 2 days of teaching 10 classes at a private JHS/SHS, 1 day of teaching 4 classes at another private JHS/SHS and 2 days in-office work.
The initial salary will be decided based on experience, skills, place of work and workload. Transportation to assigned school(s) will be reimbursed.
We offer a one-year contract, with the potential to renew, with generous paid vacations in summer, winter and spring.
There is still a possibility that the lesson number will fluctuate and the said condition may also change accordingly.
The position will begin on April 1st, 2023 and you will be asked to join teacher development training before lessons begin.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
EST Recruitment Team
EST is a full-service English education support company. We provide private schools in the central and greater Tokyo area with the highest quality native English speaking teachers and English curricula. If you would like to know more about EST, please visit our company website by searching for【est-support】
Last modified on 2023年4月8日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.