Are you someone who enjoys working with young people as individuals and collectively to encourage them to become wholly engaged and active members of society?
Do you have a demonstrated background of academic excellence from a top University?
Laurus International School of Science is seeking an inspirational secondary school Humanities teacher who not only teaches academic content but also instills a love of learning, personal growth, and lifelong learning in their students, which can have a profound impact on their lives.
At Laurus we understand that many of the pressing concerns of our time require an interdisciplinary approach, bringing together the sciences, arts and humanities to find solutions to global challenges. Increasingly, the world our children inhabit is characterized by ambiguity, and as such teachers need to demonstrate adaptable mastery, to adjust their plans and practices to fulfill students’ learning requirements and to develop key competencies, including: system-level thinking, creativity and innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, local and global citizenship and social responsibilities.
The role of our instructors is to guide, to facilitate discussion, to create opportunities for students to acquire and practice skills, and to observe that learning is taking place.
We seek an individual who possesses the ability to lead our students in understanding that the majority of obstacles in the world are interconnected parts of a bigger picture. This person should be capable of helping students identify where their unique viewpoints and skill sets can contribute to the broader system, as well as refine and enhance their solutions through a process of iteration. It is essential that they instill in our learners the importance of considering diverse perspectives when tackling complex issues, imparting to them the necessary proficiencies to succeed both academically and professionally.
We are looking for people who can bring new perspectives, life experiences and skills that will enrich our community and the learning of our students both inside and outside the classroom. If you share our vision of education and are keen to embrace the challenges this position entails, we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate:
Passionate and Inspirational
- An inspirational person who is passionate about teaching and is enthusiastic about the subject matter, which can be contagious and inspire students to learn.
- Our school community is focused on maximizing attainment and achieving places at some of the world's most prestigious higher education institutions. As such we require a candidate who can instill confidence in our families that they know what it takes to achieve such goals. Candidates with advanced degrees will be given priority.
- Shows empathy and care for their students, creating a safe and supportive learning environment that encourages student growth and development.
Has High Expectations
- Has high expectations for their students and believes that they are capable of achieving great things, which motivates students to strive for excellence.
- Uses innovative and creative teaching methods to engage students and make learning fun and enjoyable.
- Has a positive attitude and outlook, which helps to create a positive classroom atmosphere that promotes learning and growth.
- Is humble and open to learning from their students and colleagues, creating a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
Has a Growth Mindset
- Has a growth mindset, believing that everyone can learn and grow, which encourages students to embrace challenges and persist through difficulties.
- Is authentic and genuine, which helps to build trust and respect between them and their students.
350,000 - 500,000 yen per month (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
-Monday to Friday
-8:30 to 17:30 (other fixed shift patterns are available
-40 hours per week
-Transportation costs covered (up to 25,000 yen per month)
-Bonus according to performance
-Continuing Professional Development
-Saturday and Sunday off
-National/public holidays off
-Annual paid leave: 9 weeks of school holidays (6 weeks in summer, 2 weeks in winter, 1 week in spring), 5 paid flexible days , 5 paid sick days
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.