ISA aspires to provide exceptional and innovative educational programs to the students we serve and the schools we partner with. We are greatly committed to the design and implementation of meaningful and sustainable learning experiences that equip students to thrive in a global world. We are not a dispatch company. We design our own unique programs and teach them at client schools throughout Japan.
ISA is now hiring an experienced instructor for our Global Competence Program. This program is currently implemented at 20 schools across Japan, involving over 6,000 students. In this role, you will apply your skills and knowledge of best teaching practices, such as PBL, student-centered learning, and digital learning platforms. You will work closely with the ISA Global Education department to teach the GCP at our client schools.
The GCP course is guided by the following subject domains: Communication Skills, Intercultural Skills, Multilingual Skills, Emotional Intelligence, Thinking Strategies, and Global Action. Our program is taught in English to Japanese junior high and/or high school students at both public and private schools.
ISA has a strong history of providing quality education programs and services to Japanese schools. We are committed to working long-term with our staff, and opportunities for upward movement are possible for the right person.
We value work/life balance and strive to ensure our teachers feel valued, energized, and enthusiastic about the work that we do. We allow for ample planning time, professional development, and a solid network of support both with other GCP teachers and your managing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach GCP classes that adhere to ISA educational standards.
• 40 hrs a week – teaching, admin, grading and professional development (all teaching hours conducted during regular school hours – teaching hours will not exceed 18 per week.)
• Provide instruction at one large school or 2 smaller schools and complete all duties associated with the role of an instructor (grading, homework, project and portfolio guidance).
• Grade and give feedback on student work in a timely manner.
• Facilitate online discussions and any other interactive components on digital learning platforms.
• Identify gaps between student needs and existing resources; work with teams to generate creative and effective resolutions.
• Meet regularly with peer advisor and management team.
• Use Lesson Reporting Protocol to keep and communicate a record of lessons to the management team.
• Participate in relevant steps of the School Onboarding Process as required.
• Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external cooperation in a variety of modes, including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication.
• Be adaptable and highly professional in your dealings with students, school staff, and affiliates.
• BA/BS degree with 3+ years of teaching experience
• 1 year of teaching experience in Japanese junior high or high schools.
• An excellent communicator with excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
• Experience with using various digital applications in the classroom
• Currently located and or willing to relocate to the Kanto or Kansai region of Japan.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Japanese learner and how to help them maximize their learning experiences through skilled scaffolding and sound lesson plan development.
• Strong interest in and knowledge of blended learning and understand the unique possibilities involved in bringing digital learning opportunities to fruition.
• Ability to manage stress, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
• Self-directed, proactive, problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
・Conversational Japanese Level
The position start date is April 1st 2023.
¥310,000 - ¥340,000 per month
Commuting allowance is covered up to 50,000 JPY per month on top of salary.
Last modified on 2023年3月5日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.