We are looking to outsource the English localization of various digital manga titles.
Applicants must currently reside in Japan and hold a valid working permit.
Overseas students are more than welcome to apply!
Prior translation or editing experience is a plus, but not a must. In any case, we welcome people with an interest in manga and an affinity for languages and reading in general.
Your responsibilities consist of proofreading English translations, improving their quality where necessary, adding missing translations, as well as typesetting speech bubbles (no graphic design experience necessary).
Your commission will be paid per completed manga volume/book delivered within a certain deadline and after a quality check. We will discuss all details with you during the interview.
For now, the project duration is limited to three months, but there may be an extension in the future.
- Proofreading English text
- Checking English translation against original Japanese text
- Improve wording or rephrase sentences
- Add missing translations (Japanese to English)
- Fix grammar and punctuation
- Ensure consistency of text
- Edit speech bubbles (typesetting)
- Valid working visa or student visa with working permit (valid for at least 6 months)
- Must currently reside in Japan
- Japanese reading proficiency: upper-intermediate level (ideally equivalent of JLPT N2 or higher)
- English proficiency: Native level
- Excellent command of English grammar and vocabulary
- Ability to look up or research Japanese terms in a dictionary or Google
- Linguistic intuition
- Ability to grasp a story and edit text in context to it
- A computer with internet access
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.