Customer second. Your growth is our growth!
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a company that values great instructors and offers them significant opportunities to develop themselves and further their career beyond teaching? Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction.
We are currently seeking instructors who will be able to work on weekdays (evenings) and weekends (full shifts). You will be delivering lessons both through our online learning platform and in a face-to-face setting from our learning centers in Shinjuku, Ginza and Ikebukuro.
At Rosetta Stone Learning Center we believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our unique ‘Customer Second’ philosophy enables motivated and dedicated instructors to excel in the classroom, while also having the opportunity to develop their careers in the fields of teaching, curriculum development, operations management, training, HR, and IT. Several of our part-time instructors over the last few years have gone on to work full-time and advance their careers with us in the aforementioned fields.
We are also an industry leader in student-centred lessons using pioneering learning technology. Our culture of continuous innovation has enabled us to fully integrate technology into our learning environment, both for instructors and students, and helped us to develop a proprietary system that provides in-depth support in areas like scheduling, lesson delivery, and student review.
Last year, in coordination with our parent company Link and Motivation (ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan: https://www.vorkers.com/award/), we launched a new digital learning platform that allows instructors working in our Tokyo and Osaka locations to deliver lessons to students nationwide. With the rapid growth in this division, we will be expanding our teaching team. In the upcoming year, we will also be increasing the number of schools from which we offer in-house one-on-one lessons across Japan.
Finally, as part of the Link and Motivation group of companies, we believe that motivation is key to the success of students. We are developing a teaching and support system that emphasises this, and our instructors have the opportunity to play a leading role as “motivation engineers”. Apart from developing advanced teaching skills, you will also be gaining expertise that will be easily-transferable to any career path you decide to take in the future.
We are looking for instructors who have a passion for teaching, a genuine interest in helping our students reach their goals, and a desire to work with a well-established and fast-growing company. Full training will be provided.
- Fixed schedule of a minimum of 2 weekday evenings and 1 full weekend day.
- Fixed hourly salary equating to approximately 106,000 - 260,000 yen per month (monthly salary may vary depending on the number of days in the month and the specific days worked)
- Available shifts: (Weekday shifts 17:15 - 20:50 or 18:05 - 21:40. Weekend shifts 9:30 - 18:20 or 10:20 - 19:10)
2 weekday evenings and 1 weekend day (106,000 - 136,000 yen per month)
3 weekday evenings and 1 weekend day (131,000 - 168,000 yen per month)
3 weekday evenings and 2 weekend days (189,000 - 222,000 yen per month)
4 weekday evenings and 1 weekend day (157,000 - 194,000 yen per month)
4 weekday evenings and 2 weekend days (214,000 - 260,000 yen per month)
- 2,500 - 3,500 yen bonus for every successful trial lesson taught
- Transportation allowance of up to 1,300 yen per day
- Paid leave entitlement
- Orientation training (3 days) followed by ongoing training programme
- Two options for onboarding and orientation: the first or second week of each month.
- Access to Management Training Programme
- Significant opportunities for career development and advancement
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience (or 1 year’s experience teaching online lessons)
- Experience teaching adults (experience with both very low level learners and very advanced business students a plus)
- A good understanding of Japanese learners
- An engaging and motivating classroom manner
- Flexible mindset and approach to teaching
- A good knowledge of the English language with the ability to explain, model, or demonstrate
key concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Punctual, organised and responsible. Must be willing to observe preparation and starting times, and to give reasonable notice for absence of any kind.
- Comfortable using computers and can type quickly
- Japanese ability or currently actively studying Japanese a plus
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
We will be accepting applications until December 30th.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.