Sakura Exchange (RSK Co. Ltd) is a chain of currency exchange offices with locations all
over Japan. Our pride and joy is our diverse foreign staff, who come from all over the world
and act as ambassadors to our clients, who can speak their language and make them feel
at ease when they arrive in this country. We strive to make a good first impression, offer
advice on where to eat and shop, as well as simply provide excellent customer
service—the kind that Japan is known for.
Our company has been expanding, so we are seeking part-time Currency Exchange
personnel to work with us at our Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, and Roppongi locations!
Whether you’re here as a language student, on Working Holiday, or maybe you just don’t
want to work as an English Teacher anymore, we would love for you to join our team. This job
is a great fit for people who are still studying Japanese since you will be primarily using
English. You don’t need extensive knowledge of the financial market, as rates will be
communicated to you daily by our operations team in the morning.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ensure currency exchange rates are being updated in our system accurately
● Greet customers as they arrive in our store
● Convert foreign currency to Japanese Yen, and vice-versa, using our Point-of-Sale system
● Run currency through our anti-counterfeiting machine
● Keep track of foreign currency stock amounts
● Conduct currency counts using our Bill Counting and Coin Sorting machines
● Run transaction reports
● Act as ambassadors to our clients—chat with them, offer advice, make them feel at home
● Business-level English
● Conversational Japanese
● Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills in English
● Have a professional demeanor
● Be computer-literate
● Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
● Be very detail-oriented; spot mistakes and oversights before they become critical
● Able to follow established procedures
● Able to handle money accurately
● Must have a valid work visa (Students / Working Holiday OK)
o We do not offer Visa Sponsorship
Preference given to people with experience with:
● Customer Service
● Tourism / Hospitality
All staff members take turns working shifts at different locations, depending on their availability.
Your transportation cost to and from work is paid for by the company, regardless of which location you are traveling to (up to ¥20,000/month).
Shibuya - Head Office (and 4 other shops)
● Located on Center-Gai, less than 5 minutes from Shibuya Station / Scramble Crossing.
● Business Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
● Located near the East exit of Ikebukuro Station.
● Business Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
● Located in Kabukicho, right near the TOHO cinemas.
● Business Hours: 10:00-23:00
● Located inside Asakusa station.
● Business Hours: 9:30-20:00
Roppongi (from October 2019)
Salary & Working Conditions:
● Starting pay is ¥1,100/hour (plus Transportation Costs to and from work, up to ¥20,000)
● Shifts are flexible, and vary depending on the location. If you go to school in the morning, or have another part-time job, we can accommodate that.
Please apply today!
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.