Epion English Language School is currently accepting applications for Native English Instructors. We teach kids from as young as 2 years old up to 3rd year of high school. We are a fun but professional group of teachers and we want to find like-minded individuals to help keep building our schools into the best in Osaka. Our motto is learning through fun. If you are up to the challenge, please read the job description and requirements carefully. We are looking forward to considering your application.
-Planning original lessons customized to the needs of each of your classes, according to Epion’s curriculum
-Conducting lessons that are both entertaining and informative each week
-Taking a genuine interest in the development of our students over the course of the school year
-Participating in the planning and execution of seasonal events such as Halloween, Christmas, and Summer Festivals
-Attending Training Days to collaborate with the rest of the team in order to refine curriculum, plan events, and continue to develop your teaching skills
- Must have been raised in a country whose main language is English
- Must currently live in or near Osaka; branch schools are in northwest Osaka
- Must currently possess a valid visa with work permission (sponsorship for renewing is available after hiring)
- All candidates must be available to work on Saturday.
Candidates with the following attributes will be given top consideration:
- Genuinely loves kids
- Has experience working with kids
- Has a 4 year degree from an accredited university
- Planning on a career in teaching
- Is positive, easy going, flexible, but also motivated to work hard and be the best they can be as a teacher
- Has a creative mind, with interests including drawing, music, writing, theater, etc
- Understands and accepts cultural differences in working with Japanese staff and management
- Has academic qualifications such as CELTA or TEFL certification
Working Hours, Salary, and Training information:
Successful candidates are generally given at least two weeks of training. Training is a combination of classroom work learning about the concepts behind creating top quality lessons, and getting hands on experience under the guidance of veteran teachers. Training is paid at 1000 yen per hour.
After training you will be assigned to work at specific branches where you will continue to teach the same group of classes week after week. Different days will be different locations. Please check our website to see where our schools are located.
Monday through Friday shifts are from 2:30pm to 8:00pm.
Saturdays are from 10:00am to 6:00pm, with 60 minutes of break.
Starting teachers will be paid 10,000 yen per day worked. After a 3 month probationary period, Saturday pay will raise to 13,000 yen per day for teachers with satisfactory evaluations.
Transportation fees are fully covered by the company up to 55,000 yen per month. Teachers who have proven themselves to be committed, hard working, and have excellent performance evaluations can earn full-time status with benefits.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.