Job Search

English teacher (expired)

Yamate Kindergarten (山手幼稚園)
Job ID
Minokamo city, Gifu
Post date
Feb 27, 2012
Education / Teaching
Work Type
Full Time / Experienced (Non-Manager)
¥250,000 ~ ¥300,000 / Month
  • Visa sponsorship is available


  • English: Native level
  • Japanese: Conversational
  • Must currently reside in Japan
  • 4 year university degree
  • 2 year commitment required for consideration
  • Must love working with children


We are offering a position to teach classes in a kindergarten. We are seeking a cheerful, earnest English teacher who loves working with children. Our kindergarten values education which focuses on knowledge, emotion, and the body using a curriculum that includes a steady rhythm, speedy tempo, and repetition. Our English school is a sister school of the Tokyo-based Pacific Language School (PLS) which is expanding throughout Japan. Our teaching materials strictly follow a detailed program including the method of instruction, training, and student progress management. Adult classes will also be taught. We are asking for a serious, bright, and loving teacher from whom any child can enjoy learning.

The applicant must:

・Sincerely enjoy working with and educating children. Our classes are comprised mainly of kindergarten kids (about 60%), so we need someone who is not too shy or afraid to sing and dance. You don’t have to be a pro, as long as you’re lively and energetic! The remaining classes (about 40%) have grade school students or adults.

・Happily accept Japanese customs, particularly those associated with a Japanese working environment.
日本の文化に楽しく受け入れることができる人 特に日本人と一緒に働く環境に適応できる人
・Be willing to closely follow the curriculum and the Pacific Language School (PLS) teaching system.
・Be a native English Speaker
・Commit to at least a 2-year contract
・Have a Bachelor’s degree (a minimum of 4 years)
学士を持っている人 大学卒業資格(最低4年)
・Have at least a conversational Japanese level of proficiency

・Currently reside in Japan and be able to attend interviews in Minokamo City at their own expense.

Other details(その他の詳細)
・Full time work: 5 days a week (Monday-Friday)
フルタイム正社員 1週間5日 月曜日から金曜日
・Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, and All National Holidays
・Paid Holidays: both in summer and winter 2-3 weeks
有給休暇 夏と冬に2~3週間
・Visa sponsorship is available
・Accommodations: Share room-5.000 yen; 2DK-20.000yen; 3DK-25.000yen
(No key money or deposit required)
職員住宅あり:シェアルーム-5.000円 2DK-20.000円 3DK-25.000円
・Your apartment is about a 5-7 minute walk from the school. A bank, post office, grocery store, convenience store, sports gym, and train station are all within a 5-10 minute walk.
・Sports Gym membership is also free.
・Yamate Kindergarten is in Minokamo City in Gifu prefecture, a small town with lots of greenery. Easily accessible are many leisure places for activities such as skiing, mountain climbing,etc.

Please add your current resume with a recent photo. E-mail
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately due to the large number of respondents, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.

The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.

This job is no longer available.

Other jobs available at Yamate Kindergarten (山手幼稚園)

© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.

GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.