Full-time English Conversation Teacher (expired)
English Pre School Baby Bach (イングリッシュプリスクールベイビーバッハ)
Shizuoka City, Shizuoka
Education / Teaching
Full Time /
- English: Native level
- Must currently reside in Japan
English Preschool Baby Bach is currently looking for qualified applicants to join our ever growing English Conversation School. Since our founding 5 years ago, our student population has grown over six times, and there’s no end in sight.
Due to our growth, we are looking for hardworking individuals with experience, a great attitude, and an interest in working with young students to help them learn to enjoy and comfortably use English. We are willing to train the right person, therefore any individual without experience but with serious interest is invited to reply.
Individuals in need of a visa are welcome to apply for this position, and should they be selected, may receive sponsorship.
At Baby Bach, teachers soon discover that the focus is on the progress of the students, and not the financial side of the business. Since our teaching style and philosophy are unlike other schools in Japan, we maintain a high standard to achieve recognizable results for all of our students.
- Enjoy and be comfortable singing and dancing.
- Be willing to or already live in or around Shizuoka City (within an hour’s commute)
- Be able to focus entirely on the students and the lesson for a longer period than normally required at a Japanese English conversation school; 2-4 hours.
- Be flexible and able to change procedures and activities at any time in order to consistently and continually improve and provide the best learning opportunities for our students.
- Be able to plan ahead, and be prepared for all lessons. Materials should be prepared at a minimum of 1 week before the lesson, and teachers must be completely prepared for each and every lesson before the lesson begins.
- Be able to multitask during the lesson. While teaching, word choice, language patterns, and movements must all promote student understanding, and at the same time, teachers must be able to monitor student response in order to ensure that each student is able to grasp what is being taught.
- Be able to accept and respond to constructive criticism appropriately
- Be student focused
- Be able to comfortably and reassuringly speak, in English, to parents about their student’s progress and the day’s activities
- Preserve and promote a relaxed and cooperative working atmosphere
Serious applicants may be asked to participate in a telephone interview, followed by a questionnaire, endure an intensive interview, and/or teach a demo lesson either for management or in an actual classroom. Please be prepared for all possibilities if invited to grace our school with a visit.
At Baby Bach, we have two types of teachers, a main teacher and a part time teacher:
The main teacher teaches both the Preschool classes and the After School classes, generally between 0915 and 1845. Preschool is a 4 hour lesson, and After School is a 2 hour lesson. The main teacher position pays 7,500 to 15,000 yen per day.
In addition to our normal lesson, we also provide private lessons to interested students. These are additional salary opportunities for individuals who show competency.
We are located an easy 10 minute walk almost straight south from Shizuoka Station South Exit.
We currently have an immediate need for a candidate who can grow into the main teacher responsibility, but we are always eagerly seeking good candidates. Candidates seeking a position at Baby Bach, but are unsure if they can fulfill the main teacher's responsibility, are still encouraged to apply. All applications may be sent to English Preschool Baby Bach. Please send us a copy of your current resume including a current photograph and a cover letter and indicate what your availability is.
Thank you for your interest in our company, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
This job is no longer available.