Are you looking to broaden your horizons, travel, and explore the origins of Japan? Are you tired of small houses, expensive rent, and massive crowds in the Tokyo megalopolis? Do you want to be challenged as a leader to help a small team of engineers in migration to more contemporary solutions while retaining a competitive salary? Come join us!
Who are we?
RHDJapan is an e-commerce company with a small international team of 20 employees located in Hirakata, Osaka. Hirakata is an area which allows easy access to not only Kyoto and Osaka city but Nara and Kobe as well.
Who we need:
We are looking for a Technical Lead with development experience in an Agile environment who can run scrum for a team of 5 to 8 engineers until we can build the business large enough to justify a dedicated project owner or scrum master. The technical lead we need is expected to be focused on technical issues, including software development and re-factoring, product releases, and other engineering management tasks such as hiring and training staff and delegating work assignments. The tech lead we want in our team will be willing to evaluate our work processes, compare them to industry best practices and implement changes to improve our IT operations. Our engineers are looking for a leader who will help provide guidance, organization, leadership, oversight, and mentoring to allow them and the organization to grow together professionally.
Looking for someone who will:
• Drive technical approach for an enterprise application with hands on technical leadership to ensure high quality, on time delivery.
• Review new requirements, define, design and implement software and architecture using established design patterns and industry best practices that adhere to enterprise standards.
• Work to review, make recommendations and develop system changes for an enterprise level micro-service modernization project.
• Work directly with customer and internal management on identifying and prioritizing product and system enhancements.
• Remove technical impediments identified during daily scrum meetings.
• Perform technical peer reviews, support unit testing, and complex debugging of technical issues.
• Tech Leads are expected to spend approximately 30% of their time on software development.
• Can start from Summer/Fall 2020
• Is a highly proficient Java software engineer.
• Has a strong experience designing, and building JAVA EE applications.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of Hibernate and Spring Boot Framework.
• Has experience building RESTful JAVA applications.
• Has experience building UI with ReactJS.
• Has experience testing JAVA EE applications (J-Unit, Mockito, Spring Boot Test, Rest-Assured).
• Has already ported a legacy JAVA EE application to Spring Boot.
• Has knowledge in Linux Server and System Administration
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated experience as a Development or Technical Lead in an Agile environment.
• 8+ years experience in Software Development Lifecycle.
• Experience with OOP, Design Patterns, SOA, and Architectural Patterns.
• Working knowledge of ETL process design, development, and implementation.
• Demonstrated team leadership, including leading design sessions, troubleshooting and mentoring team members.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) / Demonstrated experience as Scrum Master (3+ years).
• Excellent communication and ability to convey technical design, development progress and application issues to stakeholders.
• Demonstrated IDE experience with one or more of the following (Netbeans, IntelliJ, Visual Studio).
• Experience with Source control software including SVN & Git.
• Demonstrated experience implementing multiple Java EE systems, Java 8 (SE 1.8).
• Demonstrated experience implementing RESTful application using Hibernate and Spring Boot.
• Experience with AWS - Google Cloud Platform, Linux Server, Kubernetes, Tomcat, and/or MySQL database and management tools.
• Experience with JIRA and Continuous Integration (CI) tools stack and deployment automation
Technical leads are expected to act as Senior Engineers as required on their assigned projects:
• Support application development efforts through the development and maintenance of tools, scripts, or ancillary project infrastructure
• Contribute to the software design processes including participating in:
◦ Whiteboard sessions and Prototyping
• Quickly understand software designs and architectures for technical projects
• Follow defined development best practices, including wiki contributions, code commenting and documentation, source control
• Execute test plans (where necessary)
• Develop software
• Participating in workshops
• Author software designs and architectures for technical projects
• Critique software designs and architectures.
• Peer review colleagues code
• Provide accurate development task effort estimates
• Review test plans
• Critique application wire-frames, use cases, user journeys and designs
• Identify project development tasks
• Mentor more junior colleagues
• Solution designs
• Comments, advice and expert opinion
Personal and Behavioural:
• Is widely trusted and is seen as an approachable, direct, honest and truthful individual, presenting the unvarnished truth in an appropriate, positive and helpful manner
• An effective listener, well-developed emotional intelligence
• Flexibility and openness to a variety of different technical assignments
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet commitments
• Self-aware, positive and transparent. Embraces feedback and can admit mistakes
• Has keen eye for detail in own and others’ code, unit tests and documentation
• Works collaboratively and relates well to all kinds of people and builds and maintains constructive, positive and effective relationships
• Driven to learn and seek continual improvement
• Effective and accurate, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic about technology
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.