Saito Keiai Yochien is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Position as a Rainbow English Teacher starting in April 2020.We are looking for proactive, fun, energetic candidates with a great work ethic and a passion to effectively teach English to young students.
Saito Keiai Yochien is a kindergarten within the Osaka area located in Ibaraki-city. In addition to our all-week International Kindergarten English programs and weekly "E-time" curriculum carried out at our own school, we also send out a team of our English teachers to our other keiai "sister" schools within the Ibaraki-city area. Altogether, our English programs serve around 2,000 students within the Ibaraki-city region. Our school also prides itself on providing excellent working hours, conditions, and the possibility of continued employment for our English-teaching staff from year to year.
The part-time position that we are hiring for now is for our After-School Rainbow English Program. The Rainbow English Program is a continuation of the International English Kindergarten Course at our school. The program runs from 1st grade through 6th grade, and students come from two to three times a week in the afternoon for one-hour lessons with their English teacher at our Saito school location.
Class-sizes in our Rainbow Program are on average eight students, with classes being a bit smaller or larger depending on the grade. The course uses the “GrapeSEED” Curriculum, an immersive curriculum that teachers the four language skills of “listening”, “speaking”, “reading”, and “writing” through stories, songs, and poems told by the English teacher in class and also listened to by the students at home. The students also have interactive conversation with their English teacher during their lessons, in addition to playing games or other interactive activities. Lessons are taught completely in English by the Rainbow Teacher, and each teacher is responsibility for both teacher and managing the classroom efficiently.
Other responsibilities of a Rainbow English Teacher consist of:
- Participating in English Teacher staff meetings.
- Greeting students when they arrive at the school, playing with students outside, and helping other English teachers with their lessons in the classroom.
- Riding on the bus as a “helper teacher” while picking up Rainbow students in the Ibaraki-area.
- Planning out weekly lessons and any other administrative work associated with the position (e.g. Writing monthly comments to the students’ parents, collecting payments, planning for Rainbow English related events and parties).
- Helping keep the school and classrooms clean, and cleaning up after lessons.
Monday: 2:30pm – 6:30pm
There are two dates, March 24th and 25th, that are GrapeSEED curriculum training dates that the Rainbow English Teacher needs to attend, in addition to a one day “Rainbow Camp” held somewhere near the end of July or beginning of August.
Wage, reimbursements, deductions, and bonuses
- Hourly: 2,000 per hour (before tax)
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed by the school.
- Japanese Pension (Shakai Hoken)
- Health Insurance
Opportunity for Future Employment:
Saito Keiai Kindergarten values offering our teachers continual employment and the opportunity to have a career with us being a full-time teacher. At the end of the year, the Rainbow English teacher will have opportunity to become a full-time, salary-paid English teacher at our school if both the teacher and the school are in agreement . We want our teachers to have long, happy careers with us!
Holidays and Breaks:
Saito Keiai Yochien observes all national holidays throughout the year. If for some reason we do have to work on a national holiday, we will receive another day off from work in exchange. We also provide our teachers with three different vacation periods:
- Spring break (approx. one week)
- Summer break (approx. three to four weeks)
- Winter break (approx. two weeks)
*Because this position is an hourly paid position, the part-time Rainbow English Teacher will not receive pay during these vacation times.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.