English-Please! is an independent, popular, modern Adults and Kids Eikaiwa Language School in Kashihara city (the closest station is Yamato-Yagi on Kintetsu line) which is located in Nara prefecture. We are looking for an outgoing, experienced, professional Native English Instructor who is available to join our teaching staff January 2020 (start dates can be flexible) for a one year contract (renewable after 12 months).
We are seeking someone who is friendly and hardworking who is dedicated long-term to language teaching. We require an equal passion for teaching kids and adults. Successful applicants must be able to handle project and report writing deadlines and work well with others.
We are currently seeking a part time instructor for 6 hours on Saturdays.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• plan, prepare, and conduct kids and adults lessons using multimedia materials (42 teaching weeks per year);
• monitor and report student progress to ensure a high quality of education and customer service;
• provide students with feedback, assessment, and advice;
• attend events outside of the normal working week on occasion;
• participate in and contribute ideas to school meetings which add value to and help shape the future of our school; and
• design and produce multimedia lesson materials (training provided).
• 6 Hours per week. Non-teaching time is spent writing reports and preparing lessons.
• Schedules are pretty fixed and allow the teacher to teach the same students week after week, helping to create a better relationship with the student.
• Successful applicants will be guaranteed ¥3,000 for the first 4 lessons in which they teach and paid the following rates for the two remaining lessons: ¥2,000 per 30 minute lesson, ¥2,500 per 40 lesson, and ¥3,000 per 50 or 60 minute lesson.
• Initial probationary period of 2 months, subject to extension based on performance during training.
Benefits and perks:
• Monthly Transportation Allowance up to ¥20,000; the school is 40 minutes from Namba by Kintentsu to Yamato Yagi station, 7 minutes walk from Yamato Yagi station.
• Clean, smart, spacious working environment, including a shared office with individual workstations.
• Great teaching environment – multimedia tools help make lessons more engaging for students and more enjoyable to teach.
• Ongoing evaluation, training, and support network so as to constantly improve your teaching skills.
• Opportunities to take formal examinations in and receive certification for University of Cambridge ‘TKT’ Modules 1, 2, and 3, a formal TESL accreditation recognised by employers in over 70 countries around the world. The cost of sitting these examinations is covered by the employer.
• Lots of opportunities to engage with the students outside the classroom through events held throughout the year.
• Pedagogically sound and fun to teach curriculum that is popular with both students and teachers.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.