We're looking for someone with native-level English fluency to become a full-time Japanese to English translation checker / copyeditor. You'll be checking articles on all aspects of Japan, especially travel and culture, that will eventually be read by a native English audience.
• Japanese to English translation checking
• English proofreading
• Ensuring that all work abides by regulations
Sub-tasks (should the need arise):
• Helping out with the creation of articles and videos
• Giving input on overseas trends and markets
• Japanese to English translation
• Hourly wage is 1,400 yen (negotiable based on skills and experience)
• Office hours are from 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM, with weekends and holidays off (we have flexible times, so this is up for negotiation)
• Transportation is paid up to 15,000 yen
• Full social insurance provided (社会保険)
• JLPT N2 or above Japanese skills (you don't need to have taken the test to apply)
• Native-level English (you don't have to be from a native English-speaking country to apply)
• Possess great writing skills in English
• Someone who pays attention to fine details and is patient
• Can work well in a team setting
• Has knowledge of digital marketing and SEO techniques
• Has experience in running their own blogs/YouTube channel/Instagram/Twitter/etc. (beyond simply posting, has actually amassed a bit of a following)
1) You apply
2) We contact suitable candidates within 1 week of their application
3) We conduct a trial translation test to check your Japanese and English abilities (1 hour, can be done online)
4) We arrange an interview, either through Skype or face-to-face (30 minutes)
5) We will deliver the result within 2 weeks of the trial test
We manage tsunaguJapan, a website that delivers information about Japanese tourism and culture, as well as excellent products and services by both companies and individuals, to the world. Not only do we have many clients, including corporations and municipalities, but we are constantly aiming towards expansion and currently have a multinational workforce, consisting of employees from the United States, Ireland, Germany, Taiwan, Thailand, and so on.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.