Since 2002, Optia has been working with global companies in Japan to introduce high-quality bilingual professionals that match their hiring needs.
Our Consultants are experts on the local market and industry trends, providing invaluable insights to their professional network to help them make better hiring decisions and career development choices.
▸ Career Opportunity
Recruitment consultancy genuinely offers the opportunity for accelerated career progression. We’re a meritocracy where the best performers are rewarded with promotion.
"I’ve been promoted 6 times in 7 years, from Junior Researcher to Industry Partner. At Optia, you’re in the driver’s seat – take your career as far as you want, as fast as you want."
Chee Estanislao, Industry Partner
▸ Financial Reward
Recruitment is a sales-based role and a significant proportion of your income will be from commission and bonuses on top of your basic salary. Your initial training will help you gain the skills, knowledge, motivation and confidence you need. After that, your placements will generate generous quarterly commissions. It is realistic to double your salary by the end of your first year – and that’s just the beginning!
"Recruiting is one of the few careers where you really are the driver of your own destiny. When you achieve market mastery, the financial rewards follow. Optia has allowed me to achieve a degree of financial independence that would have taken me 20+ years in any other profession."
Nick Borg, Industry Partner
▸ Autonomy, Responsibility and Job Satisfaction
Your career with Optia starts with comprehensive training and supervision. Soon you’ll earn the satisfaction that comes from managing your own workload, helping professionals develop their careers, and supporting leading companies. In many ways it becomes like running your own business. You are responsible for becoming an expert in your own market and building your reputation with clients and candidates. Once you’ve done this you become a trusted partner, operating as a genuine consultant, providing expert advice and guidance.
▸ Fun & Excitement
The recruitment industry is a lively, dynamic and fun place to work. We have a strong team ethic and you will find yourself working and socializing with a like-minded group of people. You will have the opportunity to partner with some of the best candidates and companies in the market, gaining unique insights into the inner workings of global firms.
"It's fantastic to be able to continuously learn from successful veterans around me. It’s inspiring to have supportive and like-minded people around you who genuinely make you feel that it’s fun to come to work every single day."
Agata Norkroos, Industry Consultant
【What’s the job?】
You will work within one of our specialized industry teams to identify and introduce bilingual professionals to our multinational client companies. A typical day in the life of a Recruitment Consultant at Optia includes:
• Candidate sourcing and screening via cold calling, networking, referrals and using the in-house database;
• Search and selection of potential candidates who match the hiring needs of our clients;
• Prospecting for new client business and proactively engaging your existing client base with recommendations on top talent for their open positions;
• Managing the hiring process from candidate introduction to closing.
【What can Optia offer me?】
• An established firm and experienced team - over 16 years in the Japan market;
• Extensive training and support - plus mentorship for those new to the executive search industry;
• Team-based environment, which encourages collaboration, teamwork and knowledge-sharing;
• Positive work-life balance for all our employees through initiatives such as a flex-time system and work from home scheme;
• Competitive compensation structure (base salary + performance bonus);
• Leadership and management responsibility for people looking to grow/lead teams;
• Full health and related social security benefits;
• International environment and opportunity to work with professionals of diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
【What type of people succeed at Optia?】
There are 3 essential qualities for a successful recruiter;
♦ Appetite for Success
♦ Ability to Influence
If you have this mindset and a strong work ethic, you are already on the road to becoming a successful recruiter. With our training and support, you will soon be taking your career in a new and exciting direction.
Our ideal applicant will have at least 2 years of customer-facing or sales experience in a professional environment, and whether you are new to the industry or an experienced search consultant, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.