Are you an ALT looking to make a change in your life? Do you want to utilize the skills you've acquired over the years and learn some new ones? Are you interested in finding something that will take you to that next level beyond teaching? Then we have an opportunity for you!
Borderlink, Inc. has become one of the most trusted names in English education support and ALT recruiting since 2000. And we're marking our 20th anniversary by expanding to new areas as we revolutionize the way English is taught in public schools across Japan.
To continue growing and improving ourselves as a company, we need to bring in some new voices. That's where you come in. We're looking for innovation and forward thinking. We're seeking diverse experiences and fresh ideas. We're expanding the team and we want to invite you to join us as a Human Resources Support (HRS) member!
For the veteran ALT looking to take that next step in their career, a position in HR is an excellent way to utilize your knowledge at a higher level. You'll still have the opportunity to teach at times as a reserve teacher, but you'll also be working in an office environment specializing in different fields such as recruitment, training or curriculum development. It's a chance to develop and utilize abilities beyond those learned in the classroom, and also a way to use your own personal experiences and knowledge to help others.
Our work sometimes includes long travel times and requires a degree of self-reliance as you go out into the field. The ability to drive isn't required of those working in urban areas, but it is highly valued, and those holding or planning to acquire a Japanese Driver's license will be given priority. As you'll also be working in a mainly Japanese environment, strong Japanese abilities (or a willingness to learn more) are highly desired. While this is an annual contract position, please note that we are actively looking for those interested in (and able to commit to) long-term work.
If you think you're up to the challenge, please carefully read through the following:
Work Details / 主な業務内容
Stay in Japan while gaining professional development in HR that you can take with you in any career or position moving forward. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and support an English language program that will help students, teachers, and schools throughout Japan.
- Train new and continuing employees (ALTs) in both small and large settings.
- Learn the recruitment process and become familiar with document examination, conducting interviews, managing application, and more.
- Don't want to be in an office everyday, all day? You'll have the chance to help out at schools in case of substitutions, observe our teachers in action, help them with becoming better educators, and even assist with other events we produce to encourage cultural exchange.
- Join a supportive community that will help and support you in your professional growth, from the second you join, up until the moment you are ready to move on.
Preconditions / 前提条件
- 日本語でのビジネスコミュニケーションスキル ※Speaking/Listening: 上級 （equal to or above N2), Reading/Writing: 中級 （equal to or above N4)
- 基本的なコンピュータ能力 (typing, word processing and basic data entry)、familiarity using Microsoft Word/Excel
- ヒューマンスキル (communication, problem solving)
- 日本の運転免許証保持または取得予定 (Japanese Driver's license or willingness to acquire one)
Preferred Points / 求める点
While not required, preference will be given to applicants possessing one or more of the following:
- SNS （Twitter, Facebookなど）の使用経験
- 勤務地についてあまりこだわりがない Flexibility with location (i.e. willing to move if required for work purposes)
Benefits / 福利厚生
- 完全週休2日制 （土・日） ※In case of Saturday/Sunday work, make-up day off will be arranged
- ビザのスポンサー可 (Renewal)
- 交通費支給 (Following company regulations)
Other details of the position will be covered during the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
*Only applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted.*
*Please make sure to include a photo and all of your contact information when applying, so we can contact you in a timely manner.*
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.