Sakura Exchange (RSK Co. Ltd) operates a chain of currency exchange shops with 15 locations across Japan, with more opening soon. Our pride and joy is our diverse foreign staff, who come from all over the world and act as ambassadors to our clients, speaking their language and making them feel at ease when they arrive in this country. We strive to make a good first impression and provide excellent customer service—the kind that Japan is known for.
We are seeking part-time Currency Exchange personnel to work through March, as foreign guests will be visiting Japanese ski resorts. Because this is special, seasonal work, accommodations and full transport will be provided. This could be a perfect way to enjoy a working holiday in Japan and hit the slopes!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ensure currency exchange rates are being updated in our system accurately
● Greet customers as they arrive in our store
● Convert foreign currency to Japanese Yen, and vice-versa, using our Point-of-Sale system
● Run currency through our anti-counterfeiting machine
● Keep track of foreign currency stock amounts
● Conduct currency counts using our Bill Counting and Coin Sorting machines
● Run transaction reports
● Act as ambassadors to our clients—chat with them, offer advice, make them feel at home
● Business-level English
● Conversational Japanese
● Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills in English
● Have a professional demeanor
● Be computer-literate
● Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
● Be very detail-oriented; spot mistakes and oversights before they become critical
● Able to follow established procedures
● Able to handle money accurately
● Must have a valid work visa (Students / Working Holiday OK)
o We do not offer Visa Sponsorship
Preference given to people with experience with:
● Customer Service
● Tourism / Hospitality
JR Echigo Yuzawa Station
On-site currency exchange at the Echigo Yuzawa Tourism Association
Salary & Working Conditions:
● Starting pay is ¥1,100/hour
● 10:00AM - 5:00PM
● Housing provided
● Transportation provided
● March availability
Please apply now!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.