A Japanese to English translator sought to work in our Nagoya office. This is an in-house, full-time contract position in an automotive marketing company.
Responsibilities include translating, proofreading, editing, and copywriting automotive-related materials. The successful candidate will work in a Japanese office environment as part of an automotive-related marketing group.
- Translating materials with the appropriate format, tone, style and content as requested by the client
- Proofreading, editing, and creating automotive-related materials
- Checking documents translated by other staff for correct terminology, nuance, accuracy, grammar and consistency with internal style guides
- Copywriting marketing materials
- Explaining translation-related points (word choice, nuance, etc.) to colleagues and clients
- Automotive background and strong automotive knowledge
- English native
- Fluent Japanese (reading and listening equivalent to JLPT N2 level or above)
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office proficiency: Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Desirable skills, experience, and traits
- Professional automotive-related translation experience
- Professional writing experience
- Experience of automotive-related work, such as sales and marketing, car magazine editing, or PR event operation
Salary and allowances
- 316,000 to 350,000 yen/month dependent on skills and qualifications
- Social insurance
- Commuting allowance (Up to 100,000 JPY)
- 120 days/year
- Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays
- Immediate start desirable
- Contract employee (Initial contract: 6 months. Renewed annually)
- Possible to become a regular employee
- Nagoya, Aichi
In your application, please include a detailed resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the prerequisite criteria including a list of major fields in which you have translation experience. Please allow up to one month for a response to your application. Candidates chosen for the next round of recruitment will be asked to undertake an editing/translation test.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.