So, what’s the job ‘in one’?
Quite simply, your job is to sell wine, and then go back and sell some more wine. And do that brilliantly, by saying and doing the right thing.
What will this involve?
• You will manage and develop sales to an existing customer base but as importantly, you will approach and open new accounts both in Japan and South Korea.
• You will enthusiastically and creatively develop a detailed sales and marketing plan to achieve the level of turnover and net margin from both countries. Together with this marketing plan, you will create a database of clients and a distribution map, so we have a good overview of the market.
• Through your excellent communication, openness and self-motivation you will build a deep understanding of your customers’ requirements and communicate effectively to relevant colleagues within our business
•Striving for excellence you will closely monitor supply chain and customer service issues and ensure prompt and efficient solutions are implemented.
• With integrity and commitment you will develop a strong image for Boutinot, leveraging all aspects of the Boutinot offer to develop durable, mutually profitable, customer relationships.
• You’ll continually analyse the market to identify potential opportunities for Boutinot ranges managing product mix to maximise margin and acknowledging key focus brands.
• Based in Tokyo, you will be ready to travel on a regular basis around the countries under your responsibility, combining customer visits with promotion and prospection in those areas.
What kind of person are we looking for?
• You have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience of selling to international distributors, wholesalers and retailers within the food and drinks industry ideally in Asia, preferably in Japan or Korea.
• You have experience in dealing with large accounts and supermarkets.
• You have the tenacity to search and establish distribution in new markets.
• You possess the ability to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios and be able to balance the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements.
• You are used to having full P & L visibility and understanding your influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions.
• You have strong planning and admin skills, which even when the pressure is on, you will perform consistently well.
• You are part of a team but capable of working on your own remotely. With this you will cleverly manage your time and you will be able to prioritise your workload in accordance to your sales and marketing plan.
• You have strong communication and presentation skills, be able to listen to the needs of the customer and the business and provide information that is accessible and accurate.
• You are an inquisitive problem-solver.
• You will be computer literate and skilled in PowerPoint presentations.
• Ideally, you have already spent a period working based in Asia and you are fluent in Japanese or Korean.
What will we give you in return?
Well money of course, but also the chance to work with a bunch of talented, passionate people who like you are valued for their skills and are part of a vibrant, growing international business with a great future ahead of it that you will be a vital part of.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.