Each of us has a dream; we just need to find the path to it. If your dream is to come to Japan and teach English, this is your chance to take the first step towards it with Borderlink. We're searching the globe for energetic and adventurous individuals to join our team and work as Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) in elementary and junior high schools across Japan starting from April 2019.
---ALTs: Going Beyond the Classroom---
The basic role of an ALT is to support Japanese teachers in the classroom and share their insight, knowledge and natural proficiency in English with the students. That's just the beginning though, as being an ALT means getting to experience a side of Japanese culture in a unique and exciting way.
- You'll get to try new things and participate in school clubs, festivals, and extra-curricular activities.
- You'll have time to interact with students between classes and in the halls. You'll have similar opportunities with other school staff.
- You'll be able to eat lunch with your students, play with them during recess, and join them in cleaning time at school.
- You'll become part of something important as you help enrich the community of your schools and shape the futures of your students.
At Borderlink, we believe that ALTs take English from being just another subject and turn it into something fun and valuable. Not only are we teachers, but we're also cultural ambassadors, and our interactions with our students goes well beyond the classroom. As you teach them, you'll also learn from them, and enjoy a chapter of your life that will stay with you forever.
---We're Here to Help You Grow---
Highly respected among boards of education and schools throughout Japan, Borderlink is dedicated to helping you write that chapter and gain the skills to become the very best teacher you can be. Our training team of seasoned veterans are here to help you get confident and prepared before you step into the classroom.
- We provide you with extensive training prior to placement.
- Training continues throughout your time working with us through seasonal sessions.
- Whether you are new to teaching or have prior experience, we're here to help develop and polish your skills.
As ALTs work at public schools in Japan, applicants should have some proficiency in the Japanese language, or a strong desire to learn it. We will do our best to help beginners, as well as more experienced speakers, grow and strengthen their abilities.
---Our Support System: Believing In You---
Our support staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you as you get settled into the job. We provide help with:
- Immigration & visa support
- Finding apartments
- Relocation issues
- Getting acclimated to the Japanese school environment and general daily life.
We want you to succeed - but we can't do it alone. That's why we need you! If you're ready to take that first step, please apply directly through this advertisement or through the Overseas application form on our website.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink, and we look forward to hearing from you soon, helping you find the path to your dream.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Daily paid positions (at a rate of 12000-14000 yen per day) are also available. Please note that only those who currently reside in Japan on a valid working visa can apply for these positions. As we do have a limited number of positions that start in September, we encourage you to apply now!
*Only those who pass the first screening will be contacted for an interview.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.