Human International Universities & Colleges Consortium (HIUC), established in 1989 as a post-secondary institute, is one of the divisions of the Human Group. Its primary function is to prepare Japanese students for higher education primarily in the United States, and other English speaking countries such as Australia and the United Kingdom. HIUC provides non-degree ESL and lower division general education programs for students to prepare them for degree programs in universities and colleges overseas. Applications are being accepted for the following part-time instructor positions at Shinjuku, Tokyo with the possibility of becoming a full-time instructor in the future.
Position: Part-time ESL and Lower Division General Education Courses
1. Daytime ESL and Lower Division General Education Courses:
The regular classes are 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 90 minutes/class. The fall quarter starts in the middle of August. Instructor's remuneration starts at 4,000 yen/hour for the courses, depending on their experience and qualifications. Transportation fees are provided.
2. Evening ESL Classes:
The evening ESL classes are 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday, 2 ninety-minute classes on each day starting around from 19:00 to 22:10. Instructor's remuneration starts at 4,000 yen/hour for the above courses. Transportation fees are provided.
3. Sunday Workshops and Seminars:
ESL workshops or seminars are on three Sundays per month on average throughout the year. The workshops and seminars start in June and end in April with two breaks, the Summer and Christmas and New Year breaks. Instructors teach 5 or 6 hours on a Sunday. Instructor's remuneration starts at 4,000 yen/hour for the above courses. Transportation fees are provided.
Applicants for the above three positions must;
1. be a native speaker of English with a proper working visa.
2. have a BA/BSc (or equivalent) for ESL positions and with an MA/MSc (or equivalent) preferred.
3. have at least one year of ESL teaching experience. Experience in group-lessons preferable.
4. be living in Kanto (Tokyo) Area. * No application will be accepted from those living outside of Kanto (Tokyo) Area.
5. be able to start in the middle of August in 2018 for all the above positions.
6. should submit their full resume online or by mail with a daytime phone number and daytime contact time (and preferably a photo).
Please state clearly which position (1, 2 and/or 3 or all) you are interested in. Successful applicants will be informed of an interview date. Please note that only candidates who are living in Kanto (Tokyo) area will be contacted for an interview.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.