ALEX英会話 is currently accepting applications for English Instructors. Successful applicants will teach kids from as young as 2 years old up to adults. We are a professional group of teachers and we want to find like-minded individuals to help keep building our schools. We place great emphasis on providing a high quality, excellent value, and caring service to our students. As a result, a significant proportion of our students join us via word-of-mouth recommendations and/or as a result of participating in classes on a trial or demonstration basis. If you are up to the challenge, please read the job description and requirements carefully. We are looking forward to considering your application.
- Planning original lessons customized to the needs of each of your classes, according to our curriculum
- Conducting lessons that are both engaging and informative each week
- Taking a genuine interest in the development of our students and our school
- Participating in the planning and execution of seasonal events such as Halloween, Christmas, and Summer Festivals
- Attending Training Days to collaborate with the rest of the team in order to refine curriculum, plan events, and continue to develop your teaching skills
- Helping with promotion of our school, including handing out flyers at nearby schools or train stations and posting school flyers in mailboxes in the neighborhoods near our schools
- Must have been raised in a country whose main language is English
- All candidates must be available to work on Saturday.
Candidates with the following attributes will be given top consideration:
- Has experience working with kids
- Has a 4 year degree from an accredited university
- Planning on a career in teaching
- Is positive, easy going, flexible, but also motivated to work hard and be the best they can be as a teacher
- Understands and accepts cultural differences in working with Japanese staff and management
- Has academic qualifications such as TESOL or TEFL certification
Working Hours, Salary, and Training information:
Successful candidates are generally given at least two weeks of training. Training is a combination of classroom work learning about the concepts behind creating top quality lessons, and getting hands on experience under the guidance of veteran teachers. Training is paid at 1,000 yen per hour.
After training you will be assigned to work at specific branches where you will continue to teach the same group of classes week after week. Currently we have locations in Tsukishima, Tokyo and Fuchu, Hiroshima.
5days /wk （Sun + one day off）
9hours/day with a one hour lunch break (ex:10am-7pm, 12am-9pm)
The school is open from 10am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm on Saturday.
A teacher's regular shift will be determined depending on contract type and the school's regular lesson schedule.
¥260,000〜¥285,000 / Month (Negotiable)*
※ Salaries are fixed every month.
※ Transportation fees are fully covered by the company up to 55,000 yen per month.
※ Full time workers receive regular benefits that full time company workers typically receive in Japan, such as 雇用保険 (unemployment insurance payments) and 社会保険 (health insurance).
※ Company housing can be provided as needed, but instructors are expected to cover the full cost of rent and maintaining their apartment.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter.
In your resume, please include the following information:
2. Date of Birth
4. Place of residence
5. Current visa status
6. At least 2 professions references from places you have been employed for at least one year.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.