K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a certified and experienced early childhood or lower elementary teacher to work within its Primary Years Programme (PYP) from the 2018-2019 school year commencing August 2018.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, native-level fluency in English is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
In order to ensure a quality education for students, KIST employs only certified and experienced teachers. To be eligible for employment, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- University degree (minimum Bachelor's degree).
- Certification to teach school aged children. This refers to actual classroom teaching certification or credentials through recognized professional teacher registration authorities. It does not refer to general English teaching qualifications such as TEFL, TESOL etc.
- Minimum two years' full-time teaching experience relevant to the position.
- Native or fluent skills in English.
- Eligibility for an appropriate visa (if required).
The initial contract period is for approximately 22 months from August 2018 through June 2020. Only teachers prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs. Working hours are 8:00 to 5:00 with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
Applications must be complete and should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
7) Details of visa status and expiry (for non-Japanese nationals currently living in Japan).
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.