A Management Trainee (MT) with Link Interac Group, Japan’s largest private provider of assistant language teachers (ALTs) to elementary, junior and senior high schools nationwide, is an opportunity unlike any other offered in the education industry.
As Link Interac continues to grow, the need for skilled and dedicated staff will also increase. MTs will form the core of the company’s next generation of leaders. All positions start in September 2018.
More specifically, the MT Program is a unique, elite program specifically designed to source and select individuals who demonstrate the potential to be successful in a staff position within the Interac Group. Initially, MTs undergo three months of operational and management skills training, attending a series of seminars and workshops designed to help them grasp the fundamentals of all aspects of ALT management. At the same time, MTs undertake other tasks and duties as part of their on-the-job training. In later phases of the program, MTs may continue their on-the-job training in various roles and responsibilities in divisions and branches across Japan.
While the full MT program is designed around a one-year timeframe, MTs who are eligible may be hired for staff positions any time after completing the three month operational skills training component. Ultimately, final assignments, both in terms of assignment type and assignment location, will depend on the aptitude of individual MTs and the needs of the Interac Group, so MTs need to be flexible in their expectations.
>>Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being assigned to work in Tokyo Head Office as an office staff member.
- Being assigned to an Interac Branch Office as an office staff member and/or as a teacher for up to four (4) months in one calendar year. No assignment to a branch office shall be longer than two (2) months in length unless there is a separate agreement between the employer and MT.
>>Assigned tasks and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting (including, but not limited to, supporting advertising and marketing efforts, candidate screening and conducting interviews, document checking and processing, placement).
- Training (including, but not limited to, conducting initial and ongoing training sessions and ALT meetings at various location, providing individual support to instructors as necessary, planning and developing materials and curricula).
- Observing instructors in the classroom. This includes pre-observation and follow-up one-on-one consultations and additional training as needed.
- Assisting other staff in any duties assigned by the MT supervisor.
- Acting as a liaison, or "bridge", between instructors and sales, staff and management personnel.
- Promoting company spirit and morale and generally contributing to a beneficial work environment for all employees.
- Attending training sessions and meetings as required by the MT's supervisor.
- Completing any on-line or correspondence training assigned by MT's supervisor.
- Orienting, counseling and/or disciplining instructors on matters of company policy or procedures.
- Substituting for classes or other assignments, when necessary, due to ALT illness or other such emergencies.
- Consulting with his/her manager on a regular or daily basis.
- Representing the employer to clients or other organizations as required by his/her manager.
>>Work location: as outlined above, in a combination of locations before possible assignment to any of the group's 15 branches, pending successful completion of the program and a job offer being made.
*All working conditions, including salary and benefits are subject to final confirmation at the point of official job offer
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!
Before submitting your application, we strongly advise you to check the requirements listed above in order to ensure that you meet them. We also recommend that you double check the details on your resume in order to ensure that the status of residence, phone, email, previous work details, etc. are accurate. Due to the ongoing nature of our recruiting activities, it may be some time before you receive a response to your application.
INTERAC : Enrich Your Career.
**Please note that Link Japan Careers (LJC) is responsible for screening and processing applications for all Interac Group positions based upon criteria set by Interac Group requirements. By applying for a job, either online or any other method, or in communicating with LJC by any means in relation to a position, applicants are giving their permission to LJC to manage their personal information. All questions regarding the Interac application process and/or LJCs services should be directed to LJC.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.