MY English School is seeking for immediate hire a hybrid ALT / English language instructor based in the Shinjo area of Yamagata Prefecture. The position involves ALT teaching in a public combined elementary/junior high school three days a week and teaching student-centered lessons to all ages and ability groups at a private language school two days a week. The start date may be negotiable with training starting as soon as possible.
As an ALT, the instructor will teach 3 days a week in a combined elementary/junior high school coordinating with teachers there to provide high-quality, effective language lessons. As a language school instructor, the instructor teaches English to students of all ages at one of more of MY English School's seven locations and/or at off-site locations such as corporations and kindergartens. All MY English School instructors cooperate with other teachers and staff, actively participate in and seek out professional development opportunities, help at school events, and and contributing members of a professional group of teachers with high standards for education.
1) English: Native level
2) Japanese: Conversational
3) Experience residing in Japan
4) Ability to relocate to Yamagata
5) BA/BS university degree
6) Approved TEFL certificate (or willingness to obtain one during first year of employment)
7) Valid driving license or international driving permit (a car is necessary)
8) Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
9) Professional attitude and demeanor
10) Love working with children, and able to teach all age groups
11) Willing to accept helpful criticism
12) Ability to adapt to a new teaching style
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
2) Experience living in rural Japan
3) Minimum two years of experience living in Japan
1) 270,000 yen monthly compensation for those with adequate, internationally-accredited qualifications (260,000 per month until such qualifications can be obtained)
2) Ability, upon approval, to move to a permanent employment position with full benefits after a full year of employment
3) Paid holidays
4) Professional development opportunities
5) Group membership in JALT (Japan Association for Language Teaching)
6) Opportunities for leadership and promotion
7) School run by certified teacher who understands your needs
8) Lifestyle support when desired (e.g., apartment setup, language support, etc.)
Candidates must love teaching and be able to work with others to create a fun, student-centered learning environment in the classroom. Candidates must also have a strong desire to improve themselves professionally. While instructors have considerable independence in the classroom, we have demanding expectations for quality teaching and teaching methods, in which you will receive comprehensive, ongoing training. Most teachers, even highly experienced ones, require at least six months to adapt to MY's teaching style. You will be a contributing member of a strong and supportive community of teachers who care about being the best at what we do. You will also be in a position to help shape the development of a growing school. MY English School is exceptional in its ability to provide both strong professional and personal support to its teachers, which is why most of our teachers remain at MY long-term. (We currently have an 85% annual teacher retention rate.)
We have a rigorous interview and screening process. Only serious educators should apply.
For more details please visit http://teachatmy.com/
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.