We are searching for a Language Group Manager. In this role, you will manage a group of Japanese language translators and customers, optimizing service and the customer experience.
Business Strategy and Execution / Leadership:
- Act as the primary stakeholder for the Japanese language group
- Manage and build relationships with customers
- Drive the Japanese language group to optimize delivery, customer satisfaction, scalability and profitability
- Ensure that all teams deliver consistent, predictable and repeatable results to global accounts
- Implement efficiently crafted and managed solutions for all accounts and take all the necessary staffing, procurement and process actions to ensure the Group’s success, high performance and customer satisfaction.
- Author client facing documentation related to resource development programs
- Contribute to Value Propositions/differentiators and drive real change, including but not limited to new production models, as part of global initiatives or local-specific ones, involving process, technology and staffing structures, customer care improvement, relevant business intelligence and metrics, and ways of winning new business.
- Develop and/or appoint high caliber resources who build high performance teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, performance management, training and development to move their teams to their optimum level of performance for global accounts.
- Enhance communications and promote teamwork with peers and customers to exchange experience, share best practices and learn from one another
- Strategic planning for training and development of external resources including vendors and FLs to help local business expand capacity
Vendor Management Support:
- Support vendor management on the recruitment, selection, qualification, performance rating and development of external Japanese resources as per the global account team plans and the overall Operations strategy and priorities, including but not limited to translation freelancers and agencies, reviewers, and subject-matter experts (SMEs).
- Ensure the best external Japanese resource choice and availability for any new client teams, or new requirements in existing clients, within the parameters of company strategy and outsourcing models.
- Provide competitive benchmarking of Japanese resources in a variety of products, industry verticals, specialties and content types.
- Manage continuous improvement through quality, capacity and pricing programs/initiatives.
- Monitor service quality and development of vendors, taking appropriate corrective action when necessary and ensuring follow up and resolution of any necessary action plans.
- Experiences as translator, reviewer working with common tools (Trados Studio), understanding of Translation Memory tools and Translation Management Systems (TMS) and MT Post-editing, (processes, tools, schedule and budget impact)
- In localization industry over 5 years
- Extensive experience in leadership roles (> 5 years) and proven track record in Localization Language Team Management and Quality Management specifically.
- Native-speaker of Japanese and fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
- Proven experience in development of processes and ideas
- Team player and team builder with the ability to problem-solve and show initiative
- Strong management and negotiation skills are a must
- “Can do” attitude
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.