We are in the process of expanding the Customer Support Team of our Tokyo-based office in order to meet the demands of our growing customer base. With e-commerce at the center of our business, we provide our fans across the world with goods related to Japanese pop and otaku culture. As a full-time member of the Tokyo Otaku Mode (TOM) Customer Support Team, your duties would primarily include interacting with customers through email, and providing them with support in their use of the TOM Shop, our e-commerce website, and several of the other services offered through Tokyo Otaku Mode. You will be expected to be courteous and respectful towards our customers and their interests.
Other tasks may include day-to-day operation using our in-house e-commerce management system, as well as the opportunity to work in translation, copywriting, and editorial writing.
Accepted Role Level:
Entry ~ Manager level
Fast upward mobility possible for those with experience or who can quickly take up a managerial role within the team.
Once adjusted to Support work, member will have the chance to get involved with overall customer relations, taking on more responsibility in the decision making process concerning overall UX as well.
- Customer Support is open 7 days a week and on holidays (under limited operations).
- We are looking for a candidate who is available to work full-time, with workdays falling on weekdays and weekends, according to an irregular shift schedule. 8-10 days off per month.
- If a shift falls on a weekend or holiday, remote work is permitted.
- Fluent communication in written English
- Good communication in spoken English
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken Japanese (equivalent of JLPT N2+)
- Proactive approach to communication inside the company
- Basic familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Online research skills
- Be an efficient and considerate team player
- Independent worker
- Takes direction well
- Customer support experience is highly desirable
- Managerial experience is highly desirable
- Experience in a Japanese office environment
- Being able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Flexible out of the box thinker
- Diligent and takes pride in their work
- Takes initiative
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, able to conduct support in Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- Applicable visa types: Specialist in Humanities / International Services visa, Spouse visa, and Dependent visa (with special work permission)
- Visa sponsorship is not provided at initial employment, but is available if necessary after a trial period.
- The first month of employment is considered a trial period (paid).
- Initial compensation will be determined according to qualifications and past experience.
- The initial contract is for 6 months, and may be renewed as long as basic performance standards are met.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be someone interested in upward mobility within the team, aiming eventually to be in a leadership position.
This will require the candidate to identify and fix root problems which stem from the customer feedback we receive, and someone who is actively invested in improving the customer experience for all services by Tokyo Otaku Mode.
Most importantly, you must be someone who can start out as a team player and work efficiently with your fellow members.
While we are looking for a candidate who fits the above requirements, we are interested in finding a new team member who can contribute to the growth of TOM through their passion and care for their work. So, even if you feel that you only meet a few of the requirements above, as long as you are interested in becoming part of a quickly growing startup, can communicate in written English effectively, and can respect the interests of our fans, we would be excited to receive your application! We will offer guidance in all the systems required to work effectively on a daily basis, but the right attitude and the ability to take pride in your work are essential.
If you are applying, please be sure to submit a cover letter alongside your resume.
Cover letters specific to teaching positions will not be reviewed.
For stellar candidates who are able to work long-term but cannot work full-time, we will also consider part-time, please make this clear in your cover letter if desired.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.